GRDDL (Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages) is a mechanism for extracting RDF triples from XML documents based on XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations). It works by specifying a link from an XML document to an XSLT stylesheet, which can be used to transform the XML document into RDF triples. This allows the information contained in the XML document to be represented in RDF form, enabling it to be shared and exchanged more easily.
Resource Description Framework (RDF) is a standardized model for representing and exchanging information on the web. RDFizers are tools or software programs that are designed to convert various data formats into RDF, allowing the information to be represented and shared in a standard way.
RDFizers and XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) are often used together to extract RDF triples from XML documents. One approach is to use GRDDL (Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages), which is a mechanism for extracting RDF triples from XML documents based on XSLT.
In this approach, an XML document is linked to an XSLT stylesheet, which is used to transform the XML document into RDF triples. The XSLT stylesheet specifies how the information contained in the XML document should be translated into RDF form, and the RDFizer processes the XSLT stylesheet and generates the RDF triples.
There are many different RDFizers available, each designed to convert a specific data format into RDF. Here are a few examples of RDFizers:
- RDF::RDFa: A library for parsing and serializing RDF data in RDFa format, which is a set of attributes that can be used to mark up HTML documents with RDF data.
- RDF::TrineX::Parser::NTriples: A parser for N-Triples, which is a simple, line-based syntax for expressing RDF data as a series of triples.
- RDF::Trine::Serializer::Turtle: A serializer for the Turtle syntax, which is a compact and easy-to-read syntax for expressing RDF data as a series of triples.
- RDF::Trine::Serializer::RDFXML: A serializer for RDF/XML, which is a widely used syntax for expressing RDF data as XML.
- RDF::Trine::Parser::RDFa: A parser for RDFa, which is a set of attributes that can be used to mark up HTML documents with RDF data.
- cocoon.apache.org .. web application framework focusing on xml and xslt publishing
- editgrid .. online spreadsheet service delivering data on demand, includes xslt to transform into customised data formats
- libxslt .. the xslt c library developed for the gnome project, includes xsltproc command line processing tool
- marklogic-5 .. operational database for big data, includes xslt
- github.com/nwellnhof/plack-middleware-xslt .. xslt transformations with plack
- pordl.com .. xslt web feed transformer, xsl to html
- sourceforge.net/projects/sablotron .. sablotron xml processor that was originally developed and maintained by ginger alliance
- saxon.sourceforge.net .. command line xslt and xquery processor saxon-he (home edition) is an open source product for both java and .net
- treebeard.sourceforge.net .. an open source xslt ide
- @xmlspy .. best xml editor & xslt processor for aiml knowledgebases
- xsl-easy.com .. visual data mapping editor
- xsltemplates.googlecode.com .. an xslt based template system for wsgi applications
- sourceforge.net/projects/xtrans .. compact editor for building xsl templates and testing their transformation
- XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations)
- The use of XSLT for table data tasks generation (2011)
- XSLT Conversion between XLIFF and RDF (2011)
- Grammar Engineering for CCG using Ant and XSLT (2009)
- A Generic Framework for Target-Specific Transformation Operators in XML Transformation Languages (2007)
- XSLT as a linguistic query language (2003)
- Patent Application: Mechanism for internationalization of web content through XSLT transformations (2001)