Summarization technologies are tools and techniques that are used to automatically generate a summary of a larger body of text or information. These technologies are often referred to as automatic summarization, and they are used to condense a large amount of information into a shorter, more digestible form.
Summarization technologies can be implemented in a variety of ways, including as standalone software applications or as APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) that can be integrated into other systems. Summarization APIs are particularly useful for developers who want to include summarization capabilities in their own applications or systems.
The overall field of automatic summarization is still in its infancy, and there is ongoing research and development in this area. However, summarization technologies are becoming increasingly useful and popular as a way to quickly and efficiently condense large amounts of information into a more manageable form.
- Dissecting the Summarization Process (2013)
- Summarizing Online Conversations: A Machine Learning Approach (2012)
- Automatic Summarization (2011)
- Methods for Mining and Summarizing Text Conversations (2011)
- Proceedings of the Workshop on Automatic Text Summarization 2011
- Abstractive Summarization
- Automatic Summarization
- Dialog Summarizer
- Extractive Summarization
- Neural Summarization
- Rhetorical Structure Tree
- ROUGE (Recall-Oriented Understudy for Gisting Evaluation)
- Sentence Summarization
- Summarization Systems (Summarisation Systems)
- Text Graphs & Natural Language
- Text Summarization