Vehicle telematics is the use of telecommunications and information technologies to provide services and applications in vehicles. It involves the integration of technologies such as GPS, wireless communication, and sensors to provide a wide range of services and applications in vehicles.
Some examples of vehicle telematics include navigation and location-based services, vehicle diagnostics and maintenance, safety and security systems, and entertainment and information services. Vehicle telematics can also be used to provide real-time traffic information, vehicle tracking and monitoring, and other services that can improve the safety and efficiency of vehicle operations.
Vehicle telematic assistants are a type of analog of dialog systems in smart home automation and domotics. They are intelligent systems that are designed to assist drivers and passengers in their vehicles, and that use natural language processing and other advanced technologies to understand and respond to the user’s spoken commands and requests.
Vehicle telematic assistants are similar to dialog systems in smart home automation and domotics, because they both use natural language processing and other technologies to understand and respond to user inputs. However, vehicle telematic assistants are specifically designed for use in vehicles, and are focused on providing assistance and information to drivers and passengers. This can include tasks such as providing navigation directions, answering questions, or controlling vehicle systems.
- Category:Vehicle telematics
- Advanced driver assistance systems
- Artificial Passenger
- Autonomous car
- Intelligent transportation system
- Voice stress analysis
- Digital Signal Processing for In-Vehicle Systems and Safety (2012)
- Gizmodo: Siri Will Command the New Mercedes A-Class (2012)
- Comparing system-driven and free dialogue in in-vehicle interaction (2011)
- Identifying Cultural Aspects in Use of In-Vehicle Speech Applications (2011)
- Patent: Spoken Vehicle Control (2011)
- The Automotive Ontology: Managing Knowledge Inside the Vehicle and Sharing it Between Cars (2011)
- UTDrive: Emotion and Cognitive Load Classification for In-Vehicle Scenarios (2011)
- An In-Vehicle Quality of Service Message Broker for Vehicle-to-Business Communication (2010)
- Optimizing Limousine Service with AI (2010)
- Patent: Device for projecting an object in a space inside a vehicle (artifical passenger) (2009)
- Patent: System and method for providing language translation in a vehicle telematics (2009)
- Patent Application: Apparatus For Providing Information For Vehicle (2009)
- Navigo-an in-vehicle navigation dialogue system (2008)
- Dico: A Multimodal Menu-based In-vehicle Dialogue System (2006)
- CU-MOVE: advanced in-vehicle speech systems for route navigation (2005)
- Multimodal conversational systems for automobiles (2003)