Virtual beings, or digital entities that are created and animated using computer graphics and artificial intelligence, could potentially be used to help achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs are a set of 17 global goals that were adopted by the United Nations in 2015, and that aim to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people have the opportunity to live healthy, prosperous, and fulfilling lives.
There are a number of ways that virtual beings could be used to help achieve the SDGs, depending on the specific goals and objectives of the project. Some potential examples of how virtual beings could be used include:
- As educational tools: Virtual beings could be used to educate and inform people about the SDGs, and to raise awareness of the challenges and opportunities associated with achieving the goals. For example, virtual beings could be used to create interactive and engaging learning experiences that help people to understand the issues and to take action.
- As communication tools: Virtual beings could be used to communicate and engage with people about the SDGs, and to build support and momentum for achieving the goals. For example, virtual beings could be used to create social media campaigns, to host webinars or virtual events, or to engage with people in real-time through chatbots or other digital channels.
- As research tools: Virtual beings could be used to conduct research and analysis on the SDGs, and to gather data and insights that can help to inform and guide efforts to achieve the goals. For example, virtual beings could be used to simulate or model different scenarios or interventions, or to analyze and interpret data from different sources.
Overall, virtual beings could potentially be used in a number of ways to help achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. By leveraging the capabilities of virtual beings, organizations and individuals can create innovative and effective solutions that can help to advance the SDGs and make progress towards a more sustainable and equitable future.
- aiforgood.itu.int/neural-network .. build connections with innovators and experts
- sdgmetaverseprize.org .. global prize and vr competition for small teams
- Launch – Meet Pahola: PAHO’s First Digital Health Specialist on Alcohol Use (November 2021)
- Why IBM Built An AI Avatar To Answer Questions About Marine Litter (August 2020)
- WHO and partners to help more than 1 billion people quit tobacco to reduce risk of COVID-19 (July 2020)
- A virtual influencer is helping to drive donations in WHO’s new COVID-19 campaign (May 2020)