Digital Domain is a visual effects and digital production company that specializes in creating high-quality, realistic digital effects and animations for film, television, and other media. The company was founded in 1993 and has since become one of the leading providers of visual effects and digital production services in the entertainment industry.
Digital Domain has worked on a wide range of projects, including feature films, television shows, music videos, commercials, and video games. The company has received numerous awards and accolades for its work, including multiple Oscars and Emmy Awards.
In addition to its work in the entertainment industry, Digital Domain has also been involved in a number of innovative projects in other fields, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, and other emerging technologies. The company has a reputation for pushing the boundaries of what is possible with digital effects and animation, and it is always looking for new and creative ways to use its expertise to bring stories and ideas to life.
Digital Domain is a visual effects and digital production company that has a long history of creating high-quality, realistic digital effects and animations for film, television, and other media. One area of focus for the company has been the creation of digital humans, which are digital representations of real people that can be used in a variety of applications.
Digital Domain has worked on a number of high-profile projects involving digital humans, including the creation of realistic digital doubles of actors for use in films and television shows. The company has developed advanced techniques for capturing and reproducing the nuances of human facial expressions, movements, and gestures, and it has used these techniques to create digital humans that are almost indistinguishable from their real-world counterparts.
In addition to its work in the entertainment industry, Digital Domain has also been involved in a number of innovative projects involving digital humans in other fields, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, and other emerging technologies. The company has a reputation for being at the forefront of the development of digital human technology, and it is always looking for new and creative ways to use its expertise to bring these digital characters to life.
Doug Roble is a software researcher who was the head of software R&D at Digital Domain, a visual effects and digital production company. He has developed a virtual avatar called “DigiDoug,” which is a real-time, 3D, digital rendering of his likeness that is accurate down to the scale of pores and wrinkles. He presented “DigiDoug” at TED2019 and demonstrated the technology behind its creation, which involves the use of machine learning and other advanced techniques. Doug Roble’s “DigiDoug” avatar has received significant attention and has been featured in a number of media outlets and publications.
- Digital Domain Gives a Face to AI with ‘Zoey,’ the Most Advanced Autonomous Human Ever Created (06 May 2022)
- Ex-human – Digital Human Platform
- Digital Domain, maker of the Avengers VFX, wants its virtual human to be “the foundation of the vir
- Late Taiwanese singer Teresa Teng brought back to life as interactive ‘virtual human’
- Digital Innovation | Autonomous Virtual Humans’ Contribution to Storytelling
- Semi-Supervised Video-Driven Facial Animation Transfer
- The Challenges in Creating an Autonomous Digital Human
- Digital Domain’s Charlatan Performance Transfer
- Introducing Douglas – Autonomous Digital Human | Digital Domain
- New Media Reel | Digital Domain
- Deadly Beauty by Digital Domain | ConceptD
- Digital Domain Brings Virtual Humans To Life With Machine Learning
- Bringing characters to life: Digital and Virtual Humans: John Canning
- Digital Domain – Building a Real-Time Digital Human Framework for Live Events | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Siggraph 2019 Real Time Live – Digital Domain Presentation
- The Rise of the Digital Humans | Darren Hendler | Digital Domain
- Digital Trends Live – 1.16.19 – Netflix Is Raising Prices + Digital Humans
- Crafting the Ultimate Digital Human for Virtual Production | Unreal Engine
- Meet the virtual human
- We Can Now Create “Virtual Humans”—And That’s Kind Of Terrifying