Render engines and game engines are both types of software that are used to create interactive 3D content, but they serve different purposes and are typically used at different stages of the content creation process.
A render engine is software that is used to generate 2D or 3D images from a set of data that describes a scene. Render engines are typically used to create high-quality, photorealistic images or videos, and they are often used in applications such as film, television, and virtual reality. Render engines use algorithms to generate the final images or videos based on the data that is provided to them, and they do not typically include features for creating interactive content or handling user input.
In contrast, a game engine is software that is used to create interactive 3D content, such as video games or simulations. Game engines include a wide range of features and tools for creating and managing interactive content, such as support for user input, physics simulation, artificial intelligence, and networking. They also typically include a rendering engine, which is used to generate the images or videos that are presented to the player. However, the primary focus of a game engine is on creating interactive content, rather than generating high-quality images or videos.
In practice, the distinction between render engines and game engines is not always clear-cut, and many software packages include features from both categories. For example, some game engines, such as Unreal Engine, are also used for creating non-interactive content, such as films and visualizations, and some render engines, such as Blender’s Cycles, include support for creating interactive content.
A render engine is software that is used to generate 2D or 3D images from a set of data that describes a scene. In the context of virtual humans, a render engine is used to create realistic-looking images or videos of a virtual human character based on data that describes the character’s appearance, movements, and actions.
There are many different render engines available, each with its own set of features and capabilities. Some common examples include Blender’s Cycles, Unreal Engine, and Unity.
Virtual humans are often used in applications such as video games, films, and virtual reality experiences. In these contexts, a render engine is used to create the final images or videos that are presented to the viewer. The data that describes the virtual human character is typically created using specialized software, such as a 3D modeling program or animation tool. This data is then fed into the render engine, which uses algorithms to generate the final images or videos based on the character’s appearance, movements, and actions.
Render engines are also used in other contexts, such as architectural visualization, product design, and scientific visualization. In these cases, the data that is used to generate the images or videos may describe a building, product, or scientific phenomenon, rather than a virtual human character.
- 3D CGI (computer-generated imagery) renderer is software that is used to generate 3D images or animations from a set of data that describes a scene. 3D CGI renderers are used in a wide range of applications, including film, television, visual effects, architecture, product design, and scientific visualization. They use algorithms to generate the final images or videos based on the data that is provided to them, and they are often used to create high-quality, photorealistic content.
- Real-time engine is software that is used to create interactive 3D content, such as video games or simulations, and that is able to generate images or videos in real-time as the content is being played or viewed. Real-time engines are designed to handle a wide range of tasks, including managing user input, physics simulation, artificial intelligence, and networking, in addition to rendering the images or videos that are presented to the user.
- Real-time rendering refers to the process of generating images or videos in real-time as the content is being played or viewed. This is typically done using a real-time engine or other specialized software that is designed to handle the processing demands of generating images or videos on the fly.
- Rendering system is a software system that is used to generate images or videos from a set of data that describes a scene. This could include a 3D CGI renderer, a real-time engine, or other specialized software.
- Rendering systems are often used in a variety of contexts, such as film, television, visual effects, architecture, product design, and scientific visualization. They can be used to create high-quality, photorealistic images or videos, or to generate interactive content in real-time.
- corona-renderer.com .. modern, advanced high performance renderer
- embree.org .. collection of high-performance ray tracing kernels
- enscape3d.com .. real-time rendering and virtual reality for revit
- eyecadvr.com .. virtual reality and real-time rendering
- octanerender cloud .. on-demand cloud rendering solution
- realtimerendering.com .. resources page for the book real-time rendering
- redshift3d.com .. production ready gpu renderer
- rhino3d.com .. 3d modeler for windows and mac
- u-render.com .. realtime rendering for your rendering pipeline
- Category:Rendering systems
- List of 3D rendering software
- Octane Render
- Pixar RenderMan
- Render farm
- Unbiased rendering
- About RENDER ENGINES (08 Jun 2018)
- Digital Character Development: Theory and Practice (2016)
100 Best Autodesk 3ds Max Import Videos | 100 Best Blender Import Videos | 100 Best Unity3d VR Assets | Chaos Group V-Ray | Imagination Engines | Real-time Graphics Pipeline & Digital Humans 2018 | SmartBody | Unity3d & Multimodal Agents 2018 | Virtual Human Toolkit 2017
- OpenGL Renderer – Realtime dynamic shadows
- Real Time Render Engine
- Create Realistic 3D environment in blender 2.81 | blender real time render engine tamil
- FlowScape 1.5 | Real Time Render Engine | Best 3D Software
- real-time graphical test of the new render engine. Hotel.
- Nondestructive Terrain control in Blender 2.8 – Eevee realtime renderer
- honey The really realtime renderer (U-RENDER for C4D)
- The really realtime renderer( U-RENDER for C4D)
- real time render engine
- The really realtime renderer (U-RENDER for C4D)
- U-Render – Real Time Render Engine For Cinema 4D – Basic Introduction
- class room The really realtime renderer (U-RENDER for C4D)
- The really realtime renderer (U-RENDER for C4D)
- [Linux] Creating realtime terminal renderer and code sample
- [C++ DirectX 11] Deferred Real-Time Renderer
- Bedroom Render Eevee Real Time Renderer
- Real Time Renderer in Cinema 4D using Embree
- My first impressions of the EEVEE Real-Time Renderer – Blender 2.8 Beta
- Anima 3.5 – Real-time Drag and Drop usando Corona Renderer
- iphone XS high resolution render in realtime render engine
- 4K! Real Time Render Engine That Blows Everyone’s Mind, Unreal Engine 4 ((No Audio) 2018
- Real-time Graphics – Deferred Renderer
- Live Stream Trial 03 : Interior Scene Blender 2.8 Eevee Realtime Render Engine | Texturing
- Real time VR fractal renderer
- WebGL 2 real-time physically based renderer
- Blender Eevee realtime render engine test (coffee set)
- Real-time Renderer – Enscape für Rhino – Erster Eindruck
- ?Computer graphics?Realtime renderer
- Amiga 600 Vampire Warp 3d FPU and Microbe software renderer real time Gold 2.7
- Real-Time Renderer Catmull-Rom Spline Demo
- DEMO / Eevee Realtime Render Engine Test
- Blender – New Real time render engine – ‘Eevee’
- Blender 2.8 Eevee Realtime Render Engine PBR Preview
- GZDoom Mods: Real-time shadows on Software/Hardware renderer!
- Real Time Rendering Final Project: Deferred Renderer
- Real Time Graphics Sponza Deferred Renderer
- Seed of God – Test displacement – Realtime renderer – Pixelberg plugin for Cinema4D
- Cinema 4d bar – realtime viewport renderer PIXELBERG 1.8b
- Real Time Julia Set Renderer C++/SFML/OpenCL
- Real Time Mandelbrot Set Renderer C++/SFML/OpenCL
- REALTIME PHOTOREALISM WITH OCTANE GPU RENDERER+LW2015
- Real Time Graphics – OpenGL Renderer
- Citra 3DS Emulator – 35 Classic Games Realtime Gameplay with Opengl Renderer!
- Citra 3DS Emulator – Retro City Rampage DX Realtime Gameplay with Opengl Renderer!
- Citra 3DS Emulator – Woah Dave! Realtime Gameplay with Opengl Renderer!
- Citra 3DS Emulator – Tappingo 2 Realtime Gameplay with Opengl Renderer!
- PixelBerg Beta (C4D Realtime Viewport Renderer)#Video 3
- PixelBerg Beta (C4D Realtime Viewport Renderer)#Video 2
- PixelBerg Beta (C4D Realtime Viewport Renderer)#Video 1
- 2014 Realtime engine renderer demo-reel
- 2013 real-time engine renderer demo-reel
- real time renderer for (mostly) static worlds
- Real Time Renderer
- OpenGL renderer with real time shadow mapping
- Realtime Planet Renderer with OpenGL and GLSL, 4 Video
- Realtime Planet Renderer mit OpenGL 2. Video
- Real-time Renderer
- Real-time Mandelbulb renderer
- Realtime Renderer: Photo-realistic rendering with KeyShot – CGriver.com
- Real-time planetary renderer: update 2012.
- Real-time WebGL Global Illumination Renderer
- VSR Realtime Renderer
- VSR Realtime Renderer 3.1
- Real-time planet renderer: video 3 (HD Test)
- Real-time Procedural planet renderer in Java: Video 2
- Realtime Crystal Renderer in Flash
- OPTIS THEIA RT real-time renderer using OpenCL and AMD FirePro graphics
- VSR Realtime Renderer 3.0: Demonstration of new functions
- Simple and fast Rendering in Rhino with VSR Realtime Renderer 2.0
- Real Time GPU Renderer FurryBall + CUDA Dynamic simulation
- Real-time planet renderer, playing with atmosphere
- VSR Realtime Renderer 2.0 Release
- VSR Realtime Renderer (Beta) live in Rhino!
- VSR Realtime Renderer (Beta) live in Rhino!
- Realtime Renderer : DigInfo