According to the Wikipedia entry on, there are three main approaches, including:
- Content-based filtering
- Hybrid recommender systems
Hybrid recommender systems combine multiple techniques to achieve synergy, such as:
- Weighted: The score of different recommendation components are combined numerically.
- Switching: The system chooses among recommendation components and applies the selected one.
- Mixed: Recommendations from different recommenders are presented together.
- Feature Combination: Features derived from different knowledge sources are combined together and given to a single recommendation algorithm.
- Feature Augmentation: One recommendation technique is used to compute a feature or set of features, which is then part of the input to the next technique.
- Cascade: Recommenders are given strict priority, with the lower priority ones breaking ties in the scoring of the higher ones.
- Meta-level: One recommendation technique is applied and produces some sort of model, which is then the input used by the next technique.
See also my quick and dirty webpages:
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)