What is the difference between crawling, parsing and scraping?
As per usual, Wikipedia provides pretty good definitions for Web crawler,Web scraping, and Parsing. Scraping usually comes before parsing, though scraping and parsing may be used interchangeably. Crawling and scraping are also often used interchangeably.
· Crawling is essentially following links, both internal and external.
· Scraping is the act of extraction, for instance from crawling.
· Parsing is basically breaking it down into pieces, constituent parts, or segments.
See also my quick and dirty webpages:
· 100 Best Web Crawler Videos | Meta-Guide.com
· 100 Best Web Scraping Videos | Meta-Guide.com
· 100 Best Parsing Tutorial Videos | Meta-Guide.com
« What tools/framework can I use in order for my system to extract information from an input text and store the extracted information on a database and be retrieved for later processing?