Soul Machines is a California-based artificial intelligence technology startup that focuses on the development and research of digital people and human-machine collaboration. It has worked with clients in various industries, including banking and finance, software and technology, automotive, healthcare, energy, and education. The company’s technology allows for the creation of digital avatars that can communicate and show emotion, and it has been used in applications such as customer service and entertainment.
Dr. Mark Sagar is the co-founder of Soul Machines, a company that focuses on humanizing computer technology. He is also the director of the Laboratory for Animate Technologies at the Auckland Bioengineering Institute. He is a double Academy Award winner and has been involved in the development of digital characters for virtual and augmented reality. In 2016, he co-founded Soul Machines with Greg Cross.
Dr. Sagar is known for his ability to create life-like digital characters. BabyX was an “artificial nervous system” built by Mark Sagar, director of Laboratory for Animate Technologies, University of Auckland.
- Baby avatar is a digital representation of a baby, typically in the form of a 3D character or animated model. Baby avatars are often used in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications, as well as in digital games and other interactive media.
- Digital baby is a virtual baby that is created using computer algorithms and technology. Digital babies are often used in research and development projects, as well as in educational and entertainment applications.
- Digital DNA refers to the digital code or algorithms that are used to create and control a digital baby. This can include the rules and parameters that govern the behavior and appearance of the baby, as well as the algorithms that are used to simulate its growth and development.
- Expressive machine is a type of artificial intelligence (AI) system that is designed to generate and display emotions, facial expressions, and other forms of non-verbal communication. Expressive machines are often used in applications that require the ability to interact and communicate with humans in a natural and intuitive way.
- Virtual infant is a digital baby that is created and controlled using VR or AR technology. Virtual infants are often used in research and development projects, as well as in educational and entertainment applications.
- soulmachines.com .. bringing technology to life with emotionally responsive digital humans
- Soul Machines launches Digital DNA (14 Dec 2018)
- New Zealand startup Soul Machines puts human face on AI (Oct 2018)
- Creating Virtual Humans: The Future of AI (2018)
- Robot babies from Japan raise all sorts of questions about how parents bond with AI (2016)
- The astonishingly real virtual baby that laughs, cries — and learns | Mark Sagar | TEDxChristchurch (2014)
100 Best Digital Human Videos | 100 Best FaceMe Videos | Artificial Brains | Brain Simulation
- Does Jamie dream of electric sheep? Chatting with a Soul Machines virtual assistant
- Soul Machines reveal the secrets behind Baby X, their life like artificial baby
- World Class New Zealand Awards 2018 – Mark Sagar
- The Future of the Social Credit System and Soul Machines Hour 2
- The Future of the Social Credit System and Soul Machines Hour 1
- Meet Our Experts: Elinor Swery, Solutions Architect – Soul Machines
- Greg Cross- Chief Business Officer, Soul Machines
- Greg Cross and Dr Mark Sagar – Soul Machines – AI-DAY – 2018
- DIGITAL HUMANS ‘SOUL MACHINES’ CREATED by NZ company SCRIPTURE BELOW
- JADE™ Virtual Assistants and AI: Greg Cross, Soul Machines
- AI DAY Teaser – Greg Cross – Soul Machines
- Meet Soul Machines’ digital humans: technology with feelings
- SOUL MACHINES: Who will be your first digital employee?
- Innovation at the University of Auckland: Soul Machines
- Mark Sagar
- Soul Machines Innovative Technology in the News
- Soul Machines’ ‘Digital Humans’
- IBM Watson // Soul Machines Demo
- Soul Machines – Humanizing the interface between man and machines
- Dr Mark Sagar – Emotionally intelligent avatars: Humanizing the interface between man and machine
- The Edge of Customer Experience – Mark Sagar
- Emtech Hong Kong 2017, Phil Chen, Executive Chairman, Soul Machines
- Simulating Human Faces and Emotions by Mark Sagar – GDC 2015
- Künstliche “Emotionale” Intelligenz: Präsentation “Soul Machines” (Englisch)
- IBM Watson presents Soul Machines, LENDIT Conference 2017 (Professional Camera)
- Mark Sagar TC 2016
- Soul Machines
- A giving artificial intelligence face. Mark Sagar
- JAZZ SOUL MACHINES
- Kilcher A. (Zurich). Soul-Machines
- Upgrades & Soul Machines – FTB Infinity Evolved Expert Let’s Play E.23
- Soul Machines part. 1
- Sole sistas vs Soul Machines | Prelims | Break In The Sound
- Soul Machines
- The astonishingly real virtual baby that laughs, cries — and learns | Mark Sagar | TEDxChristchurch
- Free fxphd preview: BKD234 – Dr Mark Sagar and BabyX
- DISRUPT.SYDNEY 2014 Short Talk 4 by Mark Sagar
- Mark Sagar – BabyX: Building a biomimetic virtual infant(ICRA 2014)
- Expressive machines | Mark Sagar | TEDxHongKongED
- KILLING SOUL MACHINES
- BBC World News Impact – Interview Dr Mark Sagar Baby X
- Calling Jesus on the mainline against killing soul machines for kids
- Zwan – Mary Star of the Sea (Acoustic – Soul Machines)
- Shake – Soul Machines
- Dolphins running after Mark Sagar’s drink at the Disney R&D Mixer
- Mark Sagar Weta Digital Wins Oscar
- MIT Imobilare at The Smack Down – Soul Machines vs. MIT
- Bleeding Soul – Machines by Biffy Clyro
- Shake – Soul machines
- The Soul Machines Part 2
- The Soul Machines