News bots (news robots) are automated programs that are designed to collect, analyze, and report on news and other information from various sources. These programs, also known as news crawlers or news scrapers, are used by news organizations, businesses, and individuals to stay informed about current events and trends.
There are a few different ways that news bots can work:
- Web scraping: News bots can use web scraping techniques to collect information from websites and other online sources. They can parse through HTML and other data formats to extract relevant information and store it in a structured format.
- Natural language processing (NLP): Some news bots use NLP techniques to analyze and understand the meaning of news articles and other text-based sources. This allows them to identify key themes, extract quotes, and perform other tasks that would be time-consuming for humans to do manually.
- Machine learning: Some news bots use machine learning algorithms to analyze news articles and other sources, and to classify them based on topics or other criteria. This can help users to quickly find articles that are relevant to their interests.
Overall, news bots are useful tools for collecting and organizing information from a variety of sources, and can be used to help people stay informed about current events and trends.
100 Best GitHub: News Bot | Automated Journalism Meta Guide | Twitter Bots Meta Guide
- Journalism tries to adapt (4 Apr 2019)
- Robot journalist’ to address Dubai forum session (26 Mar 2019)
- New tools are shaping Artificial Intelligence Journalism over Robot … (16 Mar 2019)
- Robo-journalism gains traction in shifting media landscape (10 Mar 2019)
- AI-Powered Robots Are Now Being Used to Report the News and … (6 Feb 2019)
- Conscious robot BOMBSHELL: AI can ‘imagine own body’ in self … (30 Jan 2019)
- Robot watches Emmerdale to learn about dementia (30 Jan 2019)
- The rise of the digital era in journalism (7 Jan 2019)
- Implant Files investigation: Key findings from Latin America (4 Jan 2019)
- Russian fake news bots bombarded black voters with anti-Hillary … (18 Dec 2018)
- Merkel’s whip urges action to rein in ‘fake news’ bots on social media … (16 Dec 2018)
- Killer robot TERMINATORS: AI soldiers will develop ‘moral compass … (15 Dec 2018)
- Robots like Alexa will soon be able to tell if your marriage is about to … (30 Nov 2018)
- Was this the opening shot in a foreign election intervention campaign? (29 Nov 2018)
- Jewish journalists, anti-racism activists barred from Labour event in … (12 Oct 2018)
- Most of the fake news bots on Twitter from 2016 are still out there … (4 Oct 2018)
- How publishers are using robots to cover the news (26 Sep 2018)
- Brexit could spawn robot bricklayers and surveying drones at building … (16 Sep 2018)
- Bots and the future of automated accountability (11 Sep 2018)
- Say what? Crazy Rich Asians becomes Loopy Wealthy Asians as … (3 Sep 2018)
- Through understanding bots, journalists can more effectively fight … (15 Aug 2018)
- Newsbots and robot reporters are coming: Will they help or hinder … (1 Aug 2018)
- Why bots taking over (some) journalism could be a good thing (14 Jul 2018)
- Remembering Claude Lanzmann: In the age of widespread mistrust in … (12 Jul 2018)
- Real estate news bot writing home sales stories in Sweden (4 Jul 2018)
- Robot ‘which can express emotions’ to be fired into SPACE (29 Jun 2018)
- Can a Chrome plugin help solve the fake news problem? (14 Jun 2018)
- Russia wipes out ‘ISIS sleeper cells’ with KILLER ROBOT in World … (1 May 2018)
- As election looms, Brazil braces for fake news (25 Apr 2018)