There is a whole field of study dedicated to Computational creativity.
There is a Quora topic for Computational Dreaming.
To see some of my own answers Search – “computational-dreaming” – Quora:
· Is it possible to explain metaphors using discourse analysis frameworks, or only with cognitive linguistic frameworks?
· What algorithms model the imagination in agent or multi-agent systems?
· How are metaphors handled in AI / NLP / ML?
· Is there a natural language processor in existence that can actually extract semantic content from real human conversation?
· What are examples of “Dream Machines” in Art and Literature?