A software engine is a piece of software that performs a specific function or set of functions within a larger software application. Engines can be designed to handle specific tasks, such as rendering graphics or processing data, or they can be more general-purpose, serving as the foundation for the overall operation of the application. The use of engines can help to modularize and compartmentalize the functions of an application, making it easier to design, develop, and maintain.
- AI engine is a software system that is designed to perform tasks that would typically require human-like intelligence, such as learning, problem solving, decision making, and adapting to new situations.
- Cognitive engine is a software system that is designed to simulate human-like cognitive abilities, such as perception, attention, memory, and reasoning.
- Dialog engine is a software system that is designed to enable natural language communication between a human user and a computer system.
- Emotion engine is a software system that is designed to simulate human-like emotional responses, such as happiness, sadness, anger, and fear. It may be used to enable a virtual character or robot to respond emotionally to stimuli or interact with humans in a more natural and lifelike way.
- Inference engine is a type of software that is designed to draw conclusions or make decisions based on a set of rules or data.
- Personality engine is a type of software that is designed to simulate the personality traits of human beings, typically through the use of artificial intelligence (AI) techniques.
- Realization engine is a type of software that is designed to convert high-level specifications or descriptions into lower-level, machine-executable instructions.
- Regex engine is a type of software that is designed to perform tasks related to regular expressions, such as pattern matching and text manipulation.
- Render engine is a type of software that is used to create visual representations of 3D objects or scenes.
- Rule engine is a type of software that is used to process and execute rules or conditions that are defined in a specific format.
- Rules engine is a type of software that is used to process and execute a set of rules or conditions in order to make decisions or perform actions.
- ACE (Articulated Communicator Engine)
- Artificial Intelligence Engine (AI Engine)
- Chatbot Engines
- Character Engine
- Cognitive Engines 2018
- Dialog Engines 2019
- Emotion Engines 2018
- Game Engines Meta Guide
- Gamygdala Emotion Engine
- Grammar Engines
- Imagination Engines
- Inference Engines
- JAPE (Java Annotation Patterns Engine) & Dialog Systems
- JSON & Rule Engines 2019
- Language Understanding Engines
- Natural Language & Storytelling Engines
- Natural Language Generation Engines
- PCE (Probabilistic Consistency Engine)
- Personality Engines
- Photon Engine
- Regular Expression Engines 2020
- Rules Engine & Dialog Systems
- SimpleNLG Realization Engine 2020
- SME (Structure Mapping Engine) 2020